Young Girl Dies From Something Kids All Over America Received This Christmas

A devastated family is grieving for the loss of a 2-year-old who died just days after celebrating Christmas.

The family of Brianna Florer, a Tulsa, Oklahoma toddler who swallowed a battery and died only two days after Christmas, have launched a GoFundMe to help pay for the young girl’s final expenses, Your Nation News reports.

Brian and Stephanie Florer, Brianna’s parents, are grieving and dealing with the aftermath of their daughter’s tragic passing.

Screen-Shot-2017-01-12-at-1.20.30-am

Brianna celebrated Christmas with her family, and received new toys as gifts.

The 2-year-old reportedly swallowed a small button battery at one point, but NY Daily News reports that she was still happy to open gifts at her grandparents’ house the day after Christmas, although she ran a low fever.

Kent Vice, Brianna’s grandfather and a former county undersheriff, said that the girl was “fine” on Christmas day.

“It was a perfect Christmas,” said Vice.

On Sunday night, however, the toddler began to vomit and her skin took on a blue tint. Brian and Stephanie, concerned for their daughter’s wellbeing, took Brianna to the hospital in an ambulance.

“She threw up again,” Vice recalled. “It was a massive amount of blood, and they rushed her to the Grove hospital.”

After doctors determined that the battery had been lodged in Brianna’s throat, she was taken into surgery.

“They operated on her for 2 1/2 hours, but they couldn’t stop the bleeding,” said Vice. “They believed the battery [acid] ate through to her carotid artery by way of her esophagus. … We had no idea when she swallowed it.”

kids

Brianna passed away two days after Christmas. A medical examiner said that the official cause of death would likely be determined in two to four months.

Vice said that he wants to keep button batteries like the one that Brianna swallowed out of homes, because he believes they’re dangerous.

There were reportedly 53 deaths caused by swallowing button batteries in 2015, according to the Oklahoma poison control center.

Sources: Your Nation News

Comments

comments

Celebrity news Latest Trending News Weird news
Eminem CHANTS F*CK TRUMP ( EMINEM FANS MUST WATCH)
400 men cut off their testicles to ‘get closer to God’ after advice from Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
Gunmen storm mosque in terror attack – explosions heard as grenades thrown at worshippers
Latest Trending Apps Latest Trending Games Latest Trending Technology
Upcoming Luxury Mercedes Maybach 6 Cabriolet
Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Unveiled: UK Price And Release Date Confirmed
Finaly Hackers release more HBO episode shows
NO BACKING DOWN: USA risks North Korea fury by holding controversial military drills
Princess Diana Documentary Chronicles Aftermath Of Fatal Paris Crash
This Charlottesville Documentary Is Required Watching For Americans in 2017
Bald Eagle Getting the Boot? Obama Is Going to Make THIS Animal the New National Symbol

Get more stuff like this
in your inbox

Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.