Hanging a bag filled with this in your backyard is crucial for the summer season!
- Summer is filled with warm nights, barbecues filled with yummy food, and lots of pool time (hopefully).
- However, there’s one more part of summer that isn’t as fun, and everyone tries to avoid it!
The culprit? FLIES! Luckily, there’s a super simple trick everyone can use to keep the flies out of the backyard and away from the food all summer long!
“One thing everybody hates are those stupid flies that fly around your face and land on your food,” an Instructables user wrote on their post about the trick. “You can buy expensive bug zappers but why when you could take the safe and humane approach? Just by taking five minutes, you will have a fly free BBQ.”
- The coolest part about this trick is you probably already have everything you need to make it!
- To make the fly preventing bag, gather plastic sandwich bags, lime juice, a few pennies, and salt.
Start by putting about two and a half cups of water into a bowl.
Then, add in the salt and the lime juice.
“Add two or three squirts of lime juice,” the blogger wrote. “There is no exact amount, it just keeps the pennies shiny. Stir this mixture to blend it all together. It will just look like regular water but by adding these ingredients its effects will last longer.”
- When the mix is made, pour it into the plastic Ziploc bag until it is almost full.
- Before sealing the bag, the last step is to drop the pennies into the mix.
- To hang the bag up in the backyard, the blogger used a paper clip.
- “The paper clip will hold the bag up where ever you put it,” they wrote.
They bent the end of the clip outward and slipped it through the top of the bag in the middle.
- After that, all you need is some string to hang it up from wherever it will stay!
This little trick is all it takes to keep flies away. You could add a couple of them if you have a larger yard to make sure!