A two year old girl was left with devastating cuts on her feet after wearing a pair of popular jelly sandals for just half-an-hour. Esmé Connor’s mom says her daughter suffered deep incisions to her right ankle after wearing the brand new pink children’s size five shoes around her house on Monday morning.
- Esmé’s injuries devastated her mom and she took to social media to warn other parents about the $8 sandals, which her daughter received as a birthday present.
Mum-of-two Lisa said: “Esmé was in absolute agony. I couldn’t believe it because she had only been wearing them for half an hour.
- “It’s not like she was running around in them for hours. She was just plodding around the house and then came running in in tears.
- “There was blood all round her ankle and on the soles of her foot. Of course there will be new shoes that rub, but this is ridiculous.”
Her daughter couldn’t wait to try the shoes on, but had them taken off straight away after they caused her a severe amount of pain.
- Lisa told our source: “Over the weekend she had a bouncy castle so she wasn’t really wearing her shoes much and Niall put them on her again on Monday morning.
She can’t really talk much so wasn’t able to say they had hurt her.”
- “On Monday she was moaning and whingeing and I initially put it down to being tired. She was playing in the garden while I did some work and that’s when she came in crying.
- “There was so much blood and she wouldn’t stop crying. Her dad had to spend an hour calming her down. It spoiled her birthday weekend really.”
The 26-year-old mom said: “I think they should be taken off sale before any more children get hurt. She’s not been able to put any shoes on since. The sandals are made from a jelly material so I don’t know if that’s what’s caused the problem. The worst cut is just under her ankle bone.”
What do you think? Raise awareness and share on Facebook with other moms!